July 2023 update
The next Canberra Brewers meeting is on 6th July @ 7:30pm located at the Polish White Eagle Club
This month Kurtz is going to run through all things Brettanomyces using etymology, historical variance, personal experience and observations to dispel myths.
- The raffle will have a range of interesting prizes
- Bring your latest brew to share – in a bottle or keg
- 6 pack swap – check the forum and the members Facebook page for more details or to register your beer.
- New members are always welcome, so feel free to bring along someone who’s interested, or new to, brewing.
- Rideshare – reach out on the forum or the Facebook page if you’re looking to share an uber or taxi.
- Don’t forget about COVID, there’s still plenty of it going around – so please consider sitting this one out you’ve tested positive.
Finally, please support our hosts by buying your first drink from the Polo, or arrive early and explore their menu.
2023 Case Swap
The case swap is on for the August meeting and will be one hell of a swap. Want to get a sample of a wide variety of homebrew from the club? Sign up on the forum here.
2023 Club Competition
Congratulations and thanks to Nic and Ed for running their first competition last weekend, and thanks to everyone who has entered their beers and those who generously volunteered their time to judge or steward. Results can be found on the competition website.
The next competition is the ACT Championships, hope the brewing going well for this.
There was a recent article by the RiotACT about home brewing in Canberra, and naturally the club was a significant subject. The full article is here.
30L Barrel Offer
As previously announced at the June club meeting, there’s a limited number of 30L barrels available from Callington Mill. While currently this offer is now fully subscribed, you can still put your name down for a ballot/random draw once it has all been confirmed. Full details are here.
2023 Membership renewal
Thanks to everyone who has renewed their membership already. If you haven’t, you can do this here or alternatively at the club meeting.
As previously mentioned, the committee is committed to finding ways to improve and bring our members a more streamlined experience. This is a work in progress and we hope to have more details soon.